Where to Find Us
Theatre Royal Wakefield is located on the Drury Lane/Westgate crossroads in the centre of the Wakefield cultural quarter. Just a two minute walk from Westgate Train Station and on the route of the Free City Bus that runs regularly throughout the day.
From M1 Southbound
- Leave the M1 at Junction 41 and follow the signs for Wakefield (Joining the A650).
- Continue across every roundabout until you reach the Newton Hill Roundabout, take the third exit signposted Wakefield (A61). Continue straight down this road until you reach the centre of Wakefield.
- With Wakefield College on your right (and County Hall on your left) follow the road staying in the left hand lane.
- This is Drury Lane. Theatre Royal Wakefield is located at the bottom of this road.
From M1 Northbound
- Leave the M1 at Junction 39 and follow signs for Wakefield A636.
- At the fifth roundabout (Sainsbury’s to your right) go straight forward up the hill with the Royal Mail sorting office on your left.
- In approximately 100 yards as road bears right, turn left onto George Street.
- Follow this road and bear sharp right up the hill to traffic lights.
- At the crossroads you will see Theatre Royal Wakefield opposite.